Honoring the curriculum of the University of Rajasthan, the affiliating University, as PCGE students have been either toppers or merit holders invariably in the university exams for last five years, PCGE deliberately adopted Competition Syllabus as an additional curriculum e.g. BA + IAS, RAS, PSI and other courses; B.Com. + CPT, CS (Foundation) etc. It was adopted in 2006-07, the inception year of the college with 13 students. Since then, it has become a propounded and systematic programme of the college. Perhaps, PCGE has been the first college of its kind in India, having Competition-combined syllabus in 2006-07. Now this programme is known as 'The Competitor' included in the ‘Best Practices’ of the college.
'The Competitor' is now an independent programme in its functioning e.g. curriculum development, text material preparation, teaching schedule, evaluation and feedback review system and placement of the students, with the help of placement cell. PCGE prepares the students primarily for University of Rajasthan Degree syllabuses. Besides, it provides two hour daily classes for competitions, like : IAS, RAS, PSI, SSC, IBPS, NDA Clerk, Rly, Police as per the students choice. The college arranges special classes for State Govt's vacancies whenever these occur RSCIT —computer course, IIT Mumbai's English communication course, special classes for .net, Ph.P, Java etc (computer languages) are offered to the students.
PCGE's life is full of activities like: theatre, dance, music, painting, debate, discussions, quizzes, mountaineering, NCC, NSS Rover- Ranger programme, various games: Badminton, TT, Chess, Basketball, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Boxing, Cricket, Hokey, Carom etc. Subject Associations exposes to the students to contemporary issue of the state, nation and world. Participation in Aazadi play and other plays held in PCGE or outside expose students to various life situations and explore her/his inner hidden talent.
परिष्कार काॅलेज में एक ओर राजस्थान विश्वविद्यालय द्वारा निर्धारित पाठ्यक्रम की तैयारी करवाई जाती है, दूसरी ओर IAS, RAS, PSI, SSC, IBPS, NDA Clerk, Rly, Police आदि की नियमित दो घंटे कक्षाएँ दी जाती हैं और तीसरी ओर व्यक्तिव विकास के लिए विभिन्न क्लबों- नृत्य, संगीत, चित्रकला खेल-कूद आदि के द्वारा विद्यार्थी के व्यक्तित्व का सर्वांगीण विकास किया जाता है।
इन सबसे गुजरने पर विद्यार्थी को आनंद भी आता है और निरंतर विकसित भी होता है।
The Competitor is an additional programme for aptitude enrichment, including the studies of Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge, English and Communication Skills and Life Skills.
- PCGE is established to prepare the students for university degrees as well as to enable them for various Competitive Examinations like ICS, RAS (Rajasthan Administrative Services), Police Sub Inspector, SSC (Staff Selection Commission’s Exams), CPT, CS (Foundation), ICWA (entrance exam), IBPS Exams, CAT (For admission to MBA), CAT (Certificate for Accounting Technician), STAR (Scheme of National Skill Development Corporation, Govt. of India’s certificate programme).
- We provide classes for these competitions daily in addition to the regular classes, from July to December every year.
The college has identified the link between the university syllabus and the syllabus of the exams for various competitions. Extra classes have been arranged for the students since 2006-07, from the very establishment year of PCGE.
- A special cell for Competitive Exams The Competitor has been established.
- The college has appointed additional faculty for Maths, Reasoning, General Knowledge, English (Written and Spoken) and for Personality Development (Special resource persons for drama, dance and interview preparations.
- The syllabus, notes and question banks are prepared and reviewed for these programmes every year.
- A test scheduled is prepared and MCQ’s tests are given on OMR sheets and results through OMR machines are displayed on the same day or the following day.
- The teachers discuss the least attempted questions in the classes and provide additional academic guidance on these issues. Thus an enriched environment for competition is generated in the college from July to November every year and our utmost focus is on the University syllabus from December to February.
- Special summer classes are also arranged from fourth week of May till first week of July. As students are free from the university syllabus pressure in summer, they take deeper interest in these competition classes.
The Competitor programme has given exposure to the challenges of the competitive examination for the students of BA, B.Com., BBA, BCA, B.Sc. courses right from the beginning. Out of the 13 B.A. students passed out in 2009-10, the first batch of the college, 12 students were placed as Bank POs, Lecturers, Teachers, Police Sub-Inspectors etc. Many students of the following sessions were placed in Banks, CRPF, CBI, CISF, Rajasthan Police, Delhi Police, Govt. schools, Genpact, Infosys, TCS and many other corporates.