B.Com in PCGE prepares students for a career in accounting, banking, financial management, information system & management besides, students can prepare for various competition, further studies like : M.Com, M.BA, M.CA, B.ed, & other technical courses .
PCGE has evolved unique teaching learning process in B.Com. classes. The teachers of PCGE have adopted student-centric teaching methodology that focuses on interactive classes. For it, various methods have been adopted like:
- Searching keywords in a sentence.
- Key concepts in a paragraph.
- Asking the students to solve themselves the objective type questions from a chapter.
- Analyzing the concepts of the chapter.
- Inspiring the students to give presentations.
- Assessing daily in an informal way and fortnightly in a form of OMR test.
In addition to this, we also work to develop analytical thinking among students (for the competitions like IAS & RAS).For this we teach our students through interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and creative answer writing practice.
- In PCGE, B.Com. students are exposed to the competitive examinations like: IAS, RAS, NDA, CDS, SSC, Police Sub-Inspector, Bank PO & Clerk, Railways, Accountant & Corporate sector exams also. They are provided with two hour daily classes for competition Maths, Reasoning, English & GK.
- PCGE students get these competition classes for 5 months(from July to Nov.) for all the three years.
- They can attend competition summer classes also (from 3rd week of May to first week of July every year). Thus total 19.5 months competition classes are provided to a B.Com. student in three years. So that the B.Com. students of PCGE become much stronger than any other coaching institute. Consequently B.Com. students are selected in different Govt. & private sectors on various posts.
- Career as a Chartered Accountant (preparation for foundation course)
- Career as a Company Secretary (preparation for foundation course)
- Career as a ICWA (preparation for foundation course)
- Bank PO
- Bank Clerk
- Insurance Sector
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Excise Officer, CBI etc.)
- Statistical Officer
- Statistical Investigator
- Accountant, LDC
- NDA, CDS
- Police Sub-Inspector
- Assistant to the CA
B.Com. course at PCGE also provides research practices which include better opportunities to initiate the research project work at graduation level. This develops the research attitude in the students and they venture into unfamiliar areas of the education.
M.Com. is the most obvious and logical choice for B.Com. graduates when it comes to higher studies. Master degree in a specialized subject, can open a lot of doors for doctorate, research and excellent employment opportunities for students. PCGE gives a great exposure to M.Com. students by providing them opportunities including presentations, company visits, educational tours, different role plays and many more activities that make them ready for all the challenges in the field.
The most seeking career choice for commerce as well as science graduates. Many institutes have started offering MBA degrees with specialization in scientific domains like hospital management, laboratory management and IT management that are ideal for B.Com. graduates. PCGE prepares students for CAT (entrance test for MBA) by providing specific competition classes.
With the IT boom dominating Indian economy, computer applications and IT industry has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options available to B.Com. degree holders. MCA is an ideal academic programme for the students who want to pursue their higher studies in this domain.
Who are looking for a skill based educational opportunity can take up short-term courses like SAP, JAVA, SQL, .NET, Financial Accounting, PGDM and others. These courses will help them develop necessary skill set required to take up technical job profiles with ease.
Who have the potential of being teachers, B.Ed degree would be an excellent choice for further studies. B.Ed degree coaches the students with unique pedagogy techniques that aid them in improving their teaching skills. There is a vast demand of good commerce teachers in govt. & non-govt. schools.