All the science subjects in PCGE are taught at an excellent level with— dedicated & competent teachers, magnificent labs, regular practicals & PCGE's student-centric teaching-learning methodology (identifying keywords, key concepts, worksheets, group discussions, students presentations), fortnightly tests and very open, transparent and interactive class room environment. Excellent marks in University exams are the spontaneous achievements of the students. Several students have achieved 100% marks in many theory papers. Two students stood on IV & V Rank in the University of Rajasthan B.Sc. Part-I exam 2016. So, academic path for B.Sc. students is extremely wide and strong in PCGE.
In PCGE, B.Sc. course is a stream of opportunities that offers great possibilities of employment including those dominated by the humanities students, as it provides additional classes for competitive exams which include Maths, Reasoning, English & GK.
PCGE has evolved unique teaching learning process in B.Sc.classes. The teachers of PCGE have adopted student-centric teaching methodology that focuses on interactive classes. For it, various methods have been adopted like:
- Searching keywords in a sentence.
- Key concepts in paragraph.
- Asking the students themselves to solve the objective type questions from a chapter.
- Analyzing the concepts of the chapter.
- Inspiring the students to give presentations.
- Assessing daily in an informal way and fortnightly in a form of OMR test.
In addition to this, we also work to develop analytical thinking among students (for the competitions like IAS & RAS).For this we teach our students through interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and creative answer writing practice.
- In PCGE, B.Sc students are exposed to the competitive examinations like: IAS, RAS, NDA, CDS, SSC, Police Sub-Inspector, Bank PO & Clerk, Railways, Corporate sector exams also. They are provided with two hour daily classes for competition Maths, Reasoning, English & GK.
- PCGE students get these competition classes for 5 months (from July to Nov.) for all the three years.
- They can attend competition summer classes also (from 3rd week of May to first week of July every year). Thus total 19.5 months competition classes are provided to a B.Sc. student in three years. So that the B.Sc. students of PCGE become much stronger than any other coaching institute. Consequently B.Sc. students are selected in different Govt. & private sectors on various posts.
- Bank PO
- Bank Clerk
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Excise Officer, CBI etc.)
- NDA, CDS
- Police Sub-Inspector
B.Sc. course at PCGE also provides research practices which include better opportunities to initiate the research project work at graduation level. This develops the research attitude in the students and they venture into unfamiliar areas of the education.
M.Sc is the most obvious and logical choice for B.Sc graduates when it comes to higher studies. Master degree in a specialized subject, can open a lot of door for doctorate, research and excellent employment opportunities for students.
This is one of the most seeking career choice for science graduates also. Many institutes have started offering MBA degrees with specialization in scientific domains like hospital management, laboratory management and IT management that are ideal for B.Sc graduates. PCGE prepares students for CAT (entrance test for MBA) by providing competition.
With the IT boom dominating Indian economy, computer applications and IT industry has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options available to B.Sc degree holders. For students who want to pursue their higher studies in this domain, MCA is an ideal academic programme.
B.Sc graduates who are looking for a skill based educational opportunity can take up short-term courses like SAP, JAVA, SQL, .NET, financial accounting, PGDM and others. These courses will help them develop necessary skill set required to take up technical job profiles with ease.
For B.Sc graduates, who have the potential of being teachers, B.Ed degree would be an excellent choice for further studies. B.Ed degree coaches the students into different and unique pedagogy techniques that aid them in improving their teaching skills even further. There is a vast demand of good science teachers in govt. & non-govt. schools.
PCGE has started four year B.Sc. B.Ed. course in the session 2017-18. NCTE & UOR has sanctioned 50 seats every year. Students, willing to be a teacher can join PCGE through qualifying examination held by Govt. of Rajasthan through any state University. The University will allot the students through counselling. Direct admission is not possible in PCGE.
The syllabus has been prepared by the University of Rajasthan in which three optional subjects and education subjects will be studied. PCGE students in B.Sc. B.Ed. can also take competition classes for free.