It is held in the college campus to remove fear, hesitation, to mingle together, to discover self-strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges, to focus on targets and their achievements, creatively. It is constructed by Ice-breaking theatrical activities, dance, games, films and communication activities, all in a reflective mode.
इसमें ऐसी रोचक, विचारोत्तेजक, मौज-मस्ती की गतिविधियाँ करवाई जाती हैं जिसके द्वारा प्रत्येक विद्यार्थी अपनी क्षमताओं, कमजोरियों, अवसरों और चुनौतियों का विश्लेषण कर सके। नृत्य, खेल, नाटक आदि के द्वारा विद्यार्थी को अपने स्वयं के उद्देश्यों और उनको प्राप्त करने के बेहतरीन तरीकों पर विचार-विमर्श करवाया जाता है। उस सर्जनात्मक मनःस्थिति को सक्रिय किया जाता है जो शानदार जीवन जीने के लिए ज़्ारूरी हैं। इस शिविर के बाद प्रत्येक विद्यार्थी अपने प्रति एवं दूसरों के प्रति अधिक गंभीर और रचनात्मक हो जाता है, जिसका प्रभाव उसकी आगामी कक्षाओं की भूमिकाओं एवं पारस्परिक व्यवहार में देखा जा सकता है।
The impact of the PD camp is so immense that the students become comfortable, positive, pro-active and creative in their overall behavior.
Before the commencement of the teaching programme, every student has to attend the three-day residential camp in the college campus which happens to be extremely joyfull. This three-day orientation programme is an unique event in PCGE. The aim of this programme is to remove fear and hesitation regarding the college and the life itself. Focus is on how to understand himself/herself, to shine the self-image, to do SWOC (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Challenges) analysis, to fix and concentrate on the concrete targets, to come out for a serious struggle for self development and to evolve himself/herself into an analytical, thinking person etc.
- To develop their communication skills, they are encouraged to participate in drama, and other opinion expressing activities and role plays.
- Ice-breaking activities play an important role in helping young students to remove their hesitation,fear and make them cheerfull and positive to integrate and connect with one another in a group environment. It also stimulates cooperation and participation.
- To develop their memory and behavioral skills, they are encouraged to participate in different games such as name game, speed game, mobile games etc.
- They watch videos and films on sensitive issues and morals.
- To develop creative skills, they are provided with exercises which challenge them to think creatively e.g. error finding, playing the numbers etc.
- They participate in the alphabet game, storytelling, making a tree etc activities in which they think together and solve their problems collectively and creatively.
- Students are encouraged to think over proper friendship, proper use of mobile, Internet, opposite gender relations, use of books, time management, punctuality etc. All these things are important asset, for their development, so these should not be converted into a curse of their life.
- The interests, special abilities regarding games, sports, drama, music, debate, painting, NCC, NSS are identified in the camp itself and students are exposed to various activities later in the academic session.
PCGE's orientation programme is a unique rich activity which creates positive change in the students and the impact of this programme is so immense that the students become comfortable, positive, discipline, pro-active and creative in their overall behavior which gives a boost to their development in future.