NSS was established in PCGE in the year 2009-10 with an objective to identify the needs and problems of the community and involve the students and teachers in a problem solving process to make them sensitive to the society. Now it has two units of one hundred students each. The NSS programme is aimed at :
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To understand the community in which they work.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value based system i.e. the ‘Scout promise and law’, which helps to build a better world where people are sensitive towards the society and play a constructive role.
- There are various objectives of this organization. Students in PCGE are motivated to show positive contribution to their families, schools and institutions to provide every possible help to the society without any self interest. In this way, a Rover and Ranger leads himself/herself towards the development of his/her own character by supporting his/her family and society.
- It provides an ideal platform to the students of every age group for the service of the social welfare along with studies through various Camps. Multi dimensional skills are also developed in the students which motivate them to work confidently in all situations.